Overview of the superior ultrasonic nozzle spray coating technology
Ultrasonic spray nozzle systems have replaced pressure nozzles in a wide range of industrial and R&D applications.
For substrate coatings, moisturizing, thin film coatings, spray drying, web coating, fine line spraying, and many other industrial and R&D applications, Sono-Tek ultrasonic nozzles yield results far superior to other techniques.
Contrary to typical pressure nozzles the ultrasonic nozzles have the technological advantage of being more precise, more controllable and more environmentally friendly.
They deliver a soft spray, which reduces over spraying considerably which not only reduces atmospheric contamination but also saves money.
Benefits from ultrasonic atomizing coating systems
- Compatible with almost any liquid
- Spray patterns are easily shaped for precise coating applications
- Highly controllable spray produces reliable, consistent results
- No moving parts to wear out
- Corrosion-resistant titanium and stainless steel construction
- Ultra-low flow rate capabilities
- Intermittent or continuous operation
- Material consumption reduced by up to 80%
- Reduced wasteful overspray and atmospheric contamination
- Reduced waste disposal
- Reduced servicing and downtime
Over 500 different ultrasonic nozzle configurations
The soft spray produced often requires further shaping in order to meet the needs of an application, particularly where high precision of uniform deposition is required. Over 500 different ultrasonic nozzle configurations are available from Sono-Tek. To determine what system will best meet your needs, please contact Boel Nordic.
Custom ultrasonic spray equipment solutions
Our custom offerings complement our complete line of standard ultrasonic spray equipment, and they can incorporate features such as X-Y motion, conveying systems, substrate rotation, enclosures, a wide range of liquid delivery systems, and PLC integration.
A broad range of coating applications covered:
- WideTrack System – for wide width spray pattern
- MicroMist Nozzle – for highly focused small spray beam
- AccuMist Nozzle – for focus adjustable small spray beam
- Vortex Nozzle – for intermediate width spray pattern
- Impact System – for low or high impact fan-shaped spray pattern
- MediCoat System – for stent and other implantable device coatings
Spray shape created by nozzle atomizing surface geometry
Depending on nozzle style, the atomizing surface shape is conical, focused, or flat.
Medical / Biomedical
- Stent and other implantable medical device coatings (catheters, balloons, guide wires)
- Coatings for blood-collection tubes & syringes
- Microencapsulation of pharmaceuticals
- Pharmaceutical spray drying
- Coatings for diagnostic test kits
- Protein, enzyme, and reagent coatings
- Coatings onto sutures and surgical gauze
- Pacemaker component coatings
- Hydrophilic coatings onto surgical rods, screws, plates
- Supercritical CO2 for creating drug-loaded nanophase material
General / Industrial
- Fragrance, flavor, and oil coatings
- Ceramic spray drying
- Slurry / suspension atomization
- Solvent and adhesive bonding
- Chemical reaction chambers
- Solgel coatings
- Carbon nanotube deposition
Food and Food Packaging
- Depanning oil coating
- Decorative glazes
- Antimicrobial coatings
- Float glass, paper, and textiles – WideTrack™ system – width range capability from 2” [50.8 mm] to unlimited widths
- Chemical vapor deposition (MOCVD)
- Polymer vapor deposition (OLED, Stents)
- Physical Vapor Deposition (PVD)