Benefits of VeriPac inspection systems
- Non-destructive and non-invasive
- No sample preparation
- ASTM approved test method
- FDA Recognized Consensus Standard #014; Item 168
- Allows for increased sampling
- Quantitative results
- Rapid test time
- Eliminates cost and waste of destructive testing
- Test results can be easily validated
- SPC laboratory testing or online applications
Package integrity leak testing
PTI’s VeriPac line of package integrity leak test systems are available in several configurations according to package specifications and test sensitivity requirements. Packages can be flexible, semi-rigid or rigid:
- VeriPac 225 and 225/D – Dry fill package leak testing down to 50 microns
- VeriPac 325 and 325/D – Dry fill package leak testing down to 15 microns
- VeriPac 415 – GMP grade test system with leak testing down to 15 microns
- VeriPac 425 – GMP grade test system with leak testing down to 5 microns
- VeriPac 455 – GMP grade leak detection of liquid filled packaging down to 1.5 microns
VeriPac’s non-destructive technology is capable of detecting package leaks and invisible defects using an absolute or differential pressure transducer leak test system.
Package leaks may appear as imperfections in the package components themselves or at the seal juncture between mated components. VeriPac inspection systems can be easily integrated into the packaging process to improve quality, reduce waste, and provide a clear understanding of package quality.
VeriPac systems utilize an ASTM approved vacuum decay leak test method recognized by the FDA as a standard for package integrity testing. Test fixtures are designed to inspect flexible, rigid and semi-rigid packaging, including Tyvek® lidded packages and blisters.
VeriPac systems are available in several configurations to accommodate various package specifications and test sensitivity requirements. Advanced features such as internet connectivity, networking and Manufacturing Execution Systems (MES) integration capability are available. Test sensitivity range from 5 – 25 microns.
The criteria for selecting the appropriate VeriPac model is based on the type of package and leak test sensitivity desired. Configurations can be optimized with either single or dual high resolution transducers as well as type of vacuum supply, i.e. internal, external, etc.